Sunday, March 7, 2010

Refinement

I am sure you have noticed a pattern in my last couple blogs. Life in a standstill, seeking contentment, questioning my purpose, desiring God's will and plan etc. Today I am thankful for my trials, I am thankful for God's patience with me, I am thankful that he will never give up on me, I am thankful each day he draws me closer and closer to him through my everyday circumstances. It is so easy to say God is great. God's plan is perfect. The part that gets tricky and sometimes messy is the application and truly living it out(especially on those dark days). Every person I come in contact with has the opportunity to see Christ in me whether it is through my actions or words. They have the opportunity to see Christ in me during the good and bad times. Lets face it we are human and no matter what, we are going to have bad days. It's those days that we can choose to wallow in disappointment and self pity or we can stop, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and be thankful that we are saved. We have to be mindful to move past the focus on "me" and move on to the focus of serving Christ through our relationships with others. This life has nothing to do with me but it has everything to do with God's Kingdom and if I get too caught up in "my" life I begin to miss the whole point. I am here to be a living example of Christ and to allow others to know Christ through my life and my example. God has me at the exact place he wants me and I am here to serve him abundantly in my everyday life as a wife, teacher, friend, daughter, and sister. I am so glad God has brought me to this place and continues to refine my life.

"I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable. Psalm 145: 1-3

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This is a great reminder of something we all need to hear. Thanks for sharing :)